We are now seeing an epidemic of brain disorders affecting 1.1 billion people worldwide. Depression is now the leading cause of world-wide disability affecting 120 million people worldwide.
Consider the following:
- Psychiatric disorders affect 26% of our adult population, over 60 million Americans
- More than 20% of children have some type of psychiatric disorder
- More than 40 million people have anxiety
- More than 20 million people have depression – 1 in 10 Americans takes an antidepressant
- The use of antidepressants has tripled in the last decade
- 8.7% of children between 8 and 15 have been diagnosed with ADHD
- More than 8 million children, or 1 in 10, now take stimulant medications like Ritalin
Two types of Brain Disorders:</
- Psychiatric disorders (emotional disturbance)
- Neurological disorders (neurological impairment)
Examples of brain disorder:</
- Bipolar disease,
- Personality disorders,
- Eating disorders, Addictions, Obsessive-compulsive disorders,
- Autism & Asperger’s,
- Learning disabilities, Dyslexia,
- Alzheimer’s, Dementia,
Psychoanalysis or therapy will not reverse the depression that comes from profound omega-3 fatty acid deficiencies, a lack of vitamin B12, a low functioning thyroid or chronic mercury toxicity. Like most other drugs, psychoactive drugs don’t cure the problem but only suppress the symptoms. We must understand the reason for this chemical (neurotransmitter) imbalance in the brain.
Causes of Brain Disorders
The brain can be affected by many types of underlying causes, including
- hormonal imbalances (such as hypothyroidism or blood sugar problems),
- inadequate detoxification by the liver,
- excessive chemical or heavy metal exposure,
- gastrointestinal problems or dysbiosis (imbalances in the gut flora),
- food sensitivities,
- nutritional deficiencies,
- lack of sleep,
- lack of physical exercise and
All of the above can lead to brain disorders. Many can be improved and even reversed if the underlying issues are addressed. Everything else is just a bandage approach.
Please, allow us to help you find out the underlying causes of your Brain Disorder. Psychoactive medications are NOT the answer.